søndag den 29. juli 2012

JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER


Do you guys know Jonathan Safran Foer? He is one of my favourite authors right now, and has actually been for a while. Two weeks ago I purchased these two books through Amazon.com - I love that site, it's the easiest way to find cheap and awesome books, and they have so many things that you're not able to buy in Denmark. Anyway, the books arrived this week, and I was thrilled by both of them. "The unabridged pocketbook of lightning" consists of three chapters from his wellknown book "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" (one of my favourite books of all time) and a ten page essay about his family and heart diseases. Although I had already read the part from "Extremely Loud..." before, I very much enjoyed the essay, and I would definitely recommend it, if you already like Foer. The other book I bought, "Tree of Codes", is a bit more special, and more like a piece of art, than a book. Most of the words have been cut out of every page, leaving only a few words on each page; in that way, you can either read each page, like in a normal book, but new sentences also form themselves between the different pages. Does that make sense? If not, I think my pictures illustrate it pretty well. Anyway, if you like Foer, this will only make you like him more - and if you don't know him, but think his projects sound interesting, you should definitely go check "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and "Everything is Illuminated" out as well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar