onsdag den 31. oktober 2012

CLOUDS


Another post about art, underlining the fact that this is becoming more and more like a blog about arts and creativity, than a blog about fashion, which is actually also what I want. This time I want to show you guys Berndnaut Smilde - I found out about his works a couple of months ago, and I thought you would enjoy them as well. Smilde uses a fog machine and dramatic lighting, to create these beautiful clouds in the middle of completely ordinary rooms. 'I wanted to make a very clear image, an almost cliche and cartoon-like visualization of having bad luck. "Indeed there's nothing here and bullocks, it's starting to rain!"'
I find it absolutely fantastic when artists get creative like this and start using natural science as a way of creating pieces of art - after all, there's nothing as impressing as the phenomenons you are able to see in nature. As you can probably guess though, the clouds cannot exist for very long, and therefore his work is mainly documented through pictures - which also means that there's only a few people out there, who's actually seen his works in real life. I hope to experience it someday, but until then, I'll enjoy these pictures with you guys. If you want to know more, click here.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar