lørdag den 17. november 2012

THE EVOLUTION STORE


So, this is for all of you guys out there who love this kind of stuff as much as I do. I will admit it - I have a bit of a freaky side, or at least people tell me so. I love, love, love these kind of things; animals in resin, butterflies and beetles in frames, replicas of skulls, skeletons and bodyparts etc. I don't find it disgusting, quite the opposite, I find natures own creations to be some of the most beautiful and inspiring objects, and I would at any time prefer a poster like this one over one with a band or something like that. So this is a tip for those of you, who also like to own and look at things that apparently creep other people out: 


Best store, ever. I'm quite sure that most of their buyers are collectors and museums, since a lot of their things are really expensive, but that doesn't mean that they don't have room for us normal people. All of the above should be affordable, although some more than others, but if you don't have the money, you can also just use their website as inspiration. I often go in there, just to get inspired by looking at butterflies and beetles, and sometimes just to learn about creatures or features of the human body, that I didn't really know much about. So all in all, you should go there immediately, if not to buy anything, then just to get inspired. And for those of you, who are a bit freaked out by these kind of things; go there anyway. You might learn something new, or maybe get to see the beauty in some of the things you'd normally avoid.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Eeeeelsker denne slags 'udsmykning'!
    Det er jo en smule morbidt og langt ude, men samtidig bare så umådelig fascinerende og ikke mindst fascinerende. :)

    SvarSlet
  2. Hehehe ja, morbid is my middle name. Spøg til side, så er det nemlig præcis det, det er; fascinerende. Elsker at naturen kommer op med ting, som vi mennesker aldrig selv ville kunne tænke os til.

    SvarSlet